For the 2020-2021 school year, the Diocese of El Paso is accepting applications from individuals interested in serving in one of our 11 schools (3 high schools and 9 elementary schools). Full-time teachers administer high quality, standards-based instruction to a group of diverse learners, and serves as a faculty member. All positions report directly to the principal.
The following teaching positions are on the following levels:
· Supports the philosophy and mission of Catholic education and acts as a witness to Gospel values and the teachings of the Catholic Church.
· Supports and adheres to policies, procedures, and codes of conduct of the school, the diocese, and State of Texas.
· Promotes the spiritual and academic welfare of all students.
· Prepares and administers high quality, standards-based instruction.
· Uses various methodologies and levels of student questioning to engage students.
· Assesses student progress and provides effective and timely feedback.
· Provides homework that is necessary and relevant.
· Cooperates with staff related to students with learning differences to ensure the education of the whole student and equitable learning.
· Differentiates instruction and implements response to intervention practices, as necessary.
· Implements instructional technology effectively.
· Builds and maintains positive communication and rapport with colleagues, students, and families.
· Administers and manages the classroom and its organization; maintains discipline and control; and monitors student behavior and activities.
· Shares responsibilities for committees and co-curricular activities/duties.
· Attends meetings, services, and events as required by the principal.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Ability to support the mission of the school, and acts as a witness to Gospel values and teachings of the Catholic Church.
· Bachelor’s Degree (education or related/content field).
· Appropriation State certification/licensure is preferred, but an applicant’s willing to undertake certification/additional coursework will be considered.
· Sensitivity to and appreciation of multicultural student populations and educational needs.
· Appropriate Content Knowledge.
· Ability to communicate effectively.
· Ability to work well with a team of professionals.
· Classroom experience preferred.
· Experience with online gradebook and Google school applications preferred.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
· Successful professional reference check.
· Successful FBI and State BCI background checks.
· Successful completion of Virtus safe environment certification.
· Salary and benefits are contingent on experience and assignment with the school.
To apply, please email the following in a single file: cover letter, résumé (with detailed academic background), transcripts (unofficial copies are acceptable during the application process), and a list of 2 professional references to:
RE: Teaching/School Positions
El Paso Diocese’s Catholic Schools Office
499 Saint Matthews St., Building G
El Paso, Texas 79907