Primary Function of this Position
To provide general custodial and maintenance/repairs of all facilities.
JOB SUMMARY: The Maintenance 1 position is primarily responsible for providing coordinated custodial and maintenance services for the parish as directed and assigned by the Pastor and his designate. Sets up, takes down and provides cleaning services for parish activities within facilities. Responsible for basic maintenance of buildings and grounds as assigned by the Pastor and his designate. Must be able to perform all aspects of job as described below where applicable.
This position is full-time, 37 hours per week, twelve months of the year. Some evening and weekend hours may be required as needed based on parish activities. This is a Non-exempt position; any overtime with approval of Pastor. This position reports to and works under the direction of the Pastor and designate. Salary commensurate with experience.
PHYSICAL DEMAND LEVEL/ EQUIVALENT MET LEVEL:
Medium /3.6-6.3 METs (0-50 lbs.)
High School Graduate
Valid driver’s license and good driving record. Drive as necessary on parish property, and on errands as required by parish.
Basic knowledge and skills in use of custodial tools and equipment.
Attention to detail.
Excellent verbal communication skills.
Written communication skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. Complete daily rounds/inspections (e.g. turning on lights, unlocking entrances, etc.).
2. Computer programming of heating/cooling for normal daily/weekly parish activities (weekend Masses, RE classes etc.), and special events as they arise weddings, funerals meetings, etc.).
3. Cleans classrooms, hallways, washrooms, lavatories, drinking fountains, offices, entrances, etc. on a daily basis.
4. General custodial tasks throughout parish as assigned by Pastor and designate. (e.g. parish hall, bathrooms, chapel and church, rectory, etc.). Includes moving and replacing tables and chairs. Clean up, remove trash and other miscellaneous custodial tasks.
5. Inspects and cleans walls for graffiti and markings as necessary.
6. General maintenance/repair of facilities as assigned by Pastor and designate, including electrical and plumbing needs, etc. Examples include, but are not limited to replacing down spouts, burned out bulbs, broken windows; snaking a drain; cleaning heating units, interior and exterior painting, replacing plumbing and associated fixtures, repairs flooring etc.
7. Performs scheduled monthly, semi-annual, and annual janitorial duties as assigned by Pastor and designate (i.e. floor scrubbing and waxing, painting, window washing, carpet cleaning, etc.).
8. Assists with Set-up and take down for parish activities; i.e. meetings/classes/funerals /confirmation, etc.
9. Performs snow removal.
10. Performs yard work as needed. (examples include litter removal, raking, hedge trimming, cut/remove tree branches etc.)
10. Maintain cleanliness/safety of work area, parish grounds and facilities at all times.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Position requires ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time, ability to use hands, speak and hear and lift up to 50 pounds. Requires close vision to use cleaning equipment. Must be able to reach above shoulder, stoop, kneel and climb. Moderate noise. Some exposure to the outside.
In addition, all Staff members are expected to perform their duties in such a manner and spirit which will make people feel at home in the church. In addition to this description staff members are expected to recognize tasks which need to be done, and to undertake them on their own initiative, or to draw them to the attention of their supervisor, if the tasks are beyond their ability or time.
Those interested in the position need to contact the parish at 915-584-1095 and request to speak with Soledad.
The contents of this document describe the physical and environmental conditions of the above stated job title. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of miscellaneous duties and responsibilities that may be requested in performance of this job.