ST. PATRICK CATHEDRAL SCHOOL
Title: School Bookkeeper FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt,
Part-Time (15-19 hours per week)
Primary responsibility is to process the financial transactions of the school. This individual shall review, prepare and submit monthly ledge and financial reports to both the Principal and to the Diocesan Finance Office for processing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Prepares and reviews the general journal entries, cash disbursement and cash receipts, ledgers of the school on a monthly basis and forwards to the Diocesan Finance Office.
2. Receive, record, and issue cash receipts for funds received by the school which includes FACTS.
3. Prepares bank deposits of the school.
4. Prepares supporting documentation, including bank balances, cash flow, bank reconciliations, accruals, and other necessary detail schedules and reports required as an audit trail to the general ledger.
5. Assist the Principal in the preparation of the monthly board and finance boards as well as the annual budget.
6. Establishes and maintains filing systems to efficiently retrieve vendor, fundraising reports, and other school finance information.
7. Prepares payroll, payroll tax deposits on a monthly basis, federal payroll tax report (form 941) on a quarterly basis, and other federal reports, i.e. W-2, W-3, W-4. Makes payments of all benefits to the appropriate agencies.
8. Reviews and verifies availability of funds through the budgetary process, and processes invoices and posting to their appropriate fund and general ledger accounts.
9. Prepares check disbursements, at the request of the Principal, for review and signature.
10. Reviews income statements on a monthly basis.
11. Reports and maintains records on tuition and other fees paid to the school.
12. Participates in the annual staff retreat(s) and continuing education of staff.
Of course, as all other employees, this individual will be expected to perform other duties assigned or required by the Principal.
1. Knowledge of modern office practices.
2. Knowledge, skills and experience in personal computers, word processing (WORD), spreadsheets (EXCEL), and Parish Soft and/or Electronic Accounting Software Application.
3. Proficient keyboarding and 10-key adding machine by touch skills.
4. Two years of work experience or education in accounting office procedures and practices.
5. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in a professional manner.
6. Ability to work with and appropriately handle confidential information.
7. Ability to deal with the public in a professional, courteous and tactful manner.
8. Bilingual English/Spanish
9. High School Diploma or equivalent; Business School Training preferred.
1. Flexible, 15-19 hours per week between 7:30 am to 4:00 pm
2. Prior management approval on overtime is required.
Based on education and experience
John Rieschick, Principal
St. Patrick Cathedral School
1111 North Stanton Street
El Paso, TX 79902
All available jobs must provide a resume and a letter of intent and emailed to VSalas@elpasodiocese.org or Plopez@elpasodiocese.org
Our employees will provide an example to the community by maintaining good standing in the Catholic Church through adherence to the laws of the Church and through practice of the Faith by living a sacramental, moral Catholic life including regular Mass attendance.
Because all Diocesan employees represent the Roman Catholic Church, they are expected to conduct themselves according to the goals and missions of the Church in performing their work. This entails actively supporting the philosophy and goals of the Church; participating in Church activities including attending services and encouraging others to do so.
NOTE: The Diocese of El Paso adheres to the Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops and the Safeguard the Children, VIRTUS, and related programs of the Diocese. As such, prospective employees are required to complete VIRTUS training, fingerprinting and a background check before employment.