Human Resources Office
Diocese of El Paso
Catholic Pastoral Center
499 St. Matthews Street
El Paso, TX 79907
Job Summary: Collaborates with and supports Director of Communications in all aspects of radio stations on air and/or on line broadcast including: talent, content, tone, programming, production, commercial time, imaging and presence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
1. Produces and Schedules Programming for Music, Imaging, Promotions and Paid Commercials in collaboration with Director of Communications
2. Works an approved on air shift and works all special events as determined by Diocese as on air talent, board op, and engineer. May work weeknight and weekends and must be on call for possible disasters, breaking news, acts of nature and unscheduled Diocesan events as needed. Participates in required meetings & retreats for the Diocese of El Paso.
3. Sufficiently prepares for on air shifts with use of creativity, imagination and professional judgment in writing, producing, interviewing, taping or broadcasting of on-air material
4. Participates in regular listening/air check sessions for critique with the Director of Communications.
5. Assists Director of Communications in management of radio program budget by maintaining invoice records, equipment inventory and related documentation.
6. Serves as an ambassador for radio station when out in public; maintains a positive and approachable attitude when around listeners, community and clients
7. Searches out, creates and shares all radio content on social media platforms
8. Establishes and maintains professional relationships with affiliates, producers, artists’ managers, composers and other industry contacts.
9. Monitors all programming in conformance with FCC rules and regulations, BMI License, Diocese of El Paso policy and applicable federal, state and local laws. Adheres to all diocesan policies and procedures regarding indecency and obscenity.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: An individual must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities successfully. The following qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
1. Proficiency in all Social Media Platforms, Microsoft Office Suite, Graphics Software/Apps/Tools for Social Media Marketing.
2. Knowledge of On Line Audio/On Air Radio, Marketing, Maintenance and Engineering: Cool Pro Edit, Arrakis Systems, Comrex Access Portable, Barix Exstreamer and Other Relevant Systems to maintain Station On Line/ On Air
3. Extensive knowledge of FCC broadcast rules and regulations; knowledge of federal, state and local contesting rules and regulations for Internet streaming stations as well as Stream Music Licensing Requirements.
4. Knowledge and appreciation of diverse music genres specifically Catholic/Christian
5. Demonstrates ability to be engaging on the air and to work across various formats; is upbeat, informative and entertaining, and can relate to station’s audience
6. High degree of planning and organizing skills; can multitask and meet specific deadlines in a fast-paced environment
7. Flexible, creative, and innovative in using technology to deepen listener relationships
8. Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others
9. Superior oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish; excellent grammar; can adjust communications style based on audience needs
10. Identifies as practicing the Catholic faith and consistently pursues continuous personal religious formation
• Minimum 3 years’ on-air radio experience, promotions and marketing
• Air Demo Required
• Production Experience a Must; Samples Required
• 4-year college degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or a related field preferred
• Valid Driver’s License
1. Office hours are, Monday thru Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., with a one-hour break for lunch. Additional hours will be required for On Site Live Broadcasts or MC/Host Events.
2. Schedule will vary according to the needs of the ministry.
Disclaimer Clause: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required of this position. This description may not be inclusive and is subject to change at Management’s discretion. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.