You can help DMRS (http://www.dmrs-ep.org), who is providing direct legal services to the immigrant children separated from their families. They need in order of priority:
1. Donations: http://www.dmrs-ep.org/donate/
2. Volunteer attorneys and people to help coordinate services for these children. If interested, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Bilingual books, playing cards, crayons and coloring books which they will distribute at the various sites throughout the region. If interested, send items to 2400 E. Yandell, El Paso, Texas 79903.
You can help Annunciation House (https://annunciationhouse.org) which provides refuge to migrants entering our border community. They need in order of priority:
1. Donations: https://annunciationhouse.org/financial-donations/
2. There are lots of needs for the house (https://annunciationhouse.org/support/house-needs/), but currently they are especially interested in receiving fresh produce.
And finally, please consider supporting Hope Border Institute (www.hopeborder.org). We are working hard advocating for policies to ensure the human dignity of migrants and against the militarization of our border community. We are also networking leaders in our community to deal with the challenges of this particular moment.
To donate to HOPE via paypal, please visit: https://www.paypal.com/donate/?token=BKtsbROXB-mKHcGLxjL6tWEAh_sIEtSoC2Z5HjUrGVFAdM9a0t0eBndIo_M9NH2uPjHLuW&country.x=US&locale.x=