The office of religious formation has an immediate opening for a Part-time Office clerk. Applicants should submit a letter of interest along with an application and resume, to the HR Office,
JOB SUMMARY: As a representative of the Office of Religious Formation, the Classroom clerk is responsible for creating a welcoming environment as catechists walk-into or call the office and also serve as a clerk at the Catechist Certification and CSJD program. Specific duties include maintaining the reception area, answering phone calls, receiving catechists questions and registrations and maintaining the database. The clerk will also be present at classes to prepare the space with tables, chairs, audio/visual equipment and any supplies needed by the presenter. The clerk is also responsible for preparing hospitality, welcoming participants and presenter, overseeing attendance sheets, and reporting to office staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responds to routine telephone requests that have standard answers.
2. Helps to coordinate registrations for CCP and CSJD.
3. Work closely with the administrative assistant and director in order to prepare for and implement the Catechist Certification Program.
4. Responsible for the arrangement of the formation settings to include tables, chairs,
media equipment, computer, hospitality and occasional clean up.
5. Assists presenters by providing class handouts, photocopying, and other items upon request.
6. Assists catechists/participants register their attendance at each class by utilizing computer equipment and software programs.
7. Responsible for verifying participant’s registration and the collection of registration fees and turning all forms and money into the administrative assistant.
8. Responsible for ensuring that media equipment is returned to the office.
9. Serves as an on hand facilitator and assistant to instructor during class.
10. Responsible for maintaining refreshment equipment and supplies in a clean and working order.
11. Tests equipment in advance of use to assure that equipment is ready for use before class begins.
12. Reports any irregularities to supervisor.
13. Assist in the office as needed.
14. Other duties as assigned.
15. Participates in Diocesan Staff Retreats.
1. High school graduate or GED
2. Knowledge, skills and experience in media equipment and PowerPoint
3. Ability to communicate effectively and in a professional manner with catechists, presenters and helpers.
4. Ability to compose correspondence and reports with accuracy and proper format.
5. Ability to lift more than 20 lbs (tables chairs, boxes of books and equipment)
6. Ability to utilize decision-making skills
7. Ability to follow directions
8. Must have transportation to commute to other parish locations
9. Bilingual English/ Spanish.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Work schedule is dependent on CCP and CSJD program schedule and will vary from week to week. The clerk will be given his/her work schedule two weeks in advance.
Applicant needs a car to get to the different locations where the CCP and CSJD Programs are held.
Will need to be available during the following times:
Mon. - Friday 1:00am - 5:30 pm
and occasionally on Saturday, 8:00 am – 2:00 pm
Hours worked will vary between 15 to 19 hrs per week. This part-time job is temporary, usually 8 months out of the year.
There are generally no hours worked during Christmas, Holy Week and Easter Week.
Schedule may change in accordance to the needs of the office.